Important Dates and Information
Divisionals - July 8th Older Swimmers (11-18 years old) ARRIVAL TIME 2:30. Warm Ups will be at 3:00 PM at Silverleaf. Parade Start time will be at 3:45. Start of Meet will be at 4:00.
Divisionals - July 9th Younger Swimmers (10 and Under) Just SHARKS no Guppies at Silverleaf ARRIVAL TIME 7:30 AM. Warm Ups will be at 7:45. Parade Start Time will be at 9:15. Meet Start time is 9:30.
Swim Team Banquet - July 10th at Half Mile Lake Pool at 6:00. This is for Guppies, Sharks, and their families. Please RSVP for this event.
Championships and Classics - July 16th and 17th at Greenville County Aquatic Center. Morning and afternoon sessions on July 16th and only one session on July 17th.
Pizza party for C&C participants and their families - July 17th after the meet. This will be at Half Mile Lake Pool time to be determined.
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR: To bring food for the Banquet
Team registration is open!
Welcome to the PCHM Swim Team!
PRACTICE TIMES - PRACTICE BEGINS MAY 16th at Pebble Creek Pool
- Before school is out, 10 and under will practice from 4:15-5:15 pm, and 11 and up will practice 5:15-6:15 pm. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- After school ends, morning practices for 10 and under will be 9-10 am, and 11 and up will be 10-11 am. Afternoon practices for 10 and under will be 4:15-5:15 pm, and 11 and up will be 5:15-6:15 pm.
- On Thursdays after school ends, we will have meets instead of afternoon practices. Visit our calendar for our meet schedule.
- Guppies will start on June 6th at 2:45-3:45 at Half Mile Lake Pool.
- Guppy Meet vs McCarter is on June 25th at Pebble Creek Pool at 8:00 AM.
Your SAIL reps,
Leila Tyler & Elizabeth Friedl
PARENTS - WHAT TO EXPECT
Our next meet will be held at Pebble Creek on Thursday, June 16th start time is at 5:30 PM. Please arrive at 3:15 to have our team photo taken at 3:30! Here is a timeline of what to expect to prepare for our upcoming swim meet:
1. Registration for all meets is OPEN. Please sign your child up for the events in which they would like to swim. If you aren't sure, ask the coaches. Please choose (3) events. The coaches will assign relays, if applicable.
2. Swimmer entries will close at 6:00 on Sunday the week before the meet. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you miss this deadline, your child will not be able to swim in the meet.
3. Volunteer entries are OPEN for all meets. The meet this week will include our only fundraiser for the year. Our team will sell burgers, hot dogs and drinks. To do this, we need help with set up and food prep. There are several hospitality slots available for our volunteers. Please consider helping with hospitality if you haven't had a chance to volunteer yet.
4. Not sure what position is right for you? Visit the meet information section of Swimtopia to review the positions. Still have questions? Reach out to Laura Fee or Melanie Pfeiffer for help and guidance. They will be proactively reaching out to you based on past experience. They are also looking for volunteers to shadow seasoned parents to learn the ropes.
5. Please prepare to bring your child to the meet at 3:15, so we can take our team photo at 3:30. The team will warm up together. See the tab "Swim Meet 101" for ALL THE THINGS your swimmer needs for the meet.
Meet instructions will also be posted on Swimtopia in advance of all meets. Make sure you are checking in frequently for updates. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
A NOTE TO OUR PARENTS -
You do not have to live in Pebble Creek or Half Mile Lake to join the PCHM Swim team. We would love to have your child join our team regardless of where you live! Per SAIL rules, you do have to be a member of a pool. Pool membership information can be found at:
We cannot run a meet without our volunteers! This year we ask that each swimmer have at least one member of their family volunteer for a meet. Over the years, we've had the same family members volunteer for both halves of the meet. If we can't get volunteers, we'll have to go to a points system. If your family hasn't earned any points volunteering there will be a financial impact. Timing is EASY. Being a runner is EASY. Please volunteer to help our team.
- 10 Timers (simple online certification required)
- 1 Chief Timer
- 1 Computer Operator
- 1 Computer Assistant
- 4 Stroke and Turn Judges
- 1 Starter
- 1 Referee
- 2 Clerk-Of-Course
- 2 Records & Ribbons Officials
- 4 Runners
- 2 Tent Parents