Swim Meet 101
- Swimmer Check In Procedure:
- Arrive at the pool at least 15 minutes before the scheduled warm-up time begins. This time will be listed in the meet information which is posted on website.
- Upon arrival, swimmers should find a place to put their things. The team sits in one place together, so look for some familiar faces.
- Swimmers can find their heat and lane assignments by purchasing a program. The coaches will also have these and will help the swimmers. Often they are posted on the pool deck somewhere as well. Encourage your swimmer to 'body mark' their event, heat and lane on their arm or leg.
- Swimmers get their cap and goggles and reports to their coach for warm-up instructions. It is very important for all swimmers to warm-up with the team.
- After warm-up, swimmers will go back to the area where his/her team is sitting and wait until their first event is called.
- The meet will usually start about 10 minutes after warm-ups are over.
- What to Bring:
- PCHM Team swim suit, cap and goggles.
- Towels: Your swimmer will be there awhile, so pack at least two.
- Something to sit on. Some meets will have seating available however, most of the time swimmers will need to bring a chair.
- Sharpie for body marking.
- Games/Music: anything to pass the time. Some swimmers like to have music between races to help them focus and psych up for the next race!
- Food: It is better to bring snacks. They usually have snack bars at the meet, but the lines are long and most of the time they only sell junk food. Swimmers should be sure to drink a lot (sports drink and water) as well as having some healthy low sugar snacks (cut up veggies, fruits, peanut butter crackers, etc). Once you have attended one or two meets this will all become very routine. Please do not hesitate to ask the Coaching Staff for suggestions!
Simple formatted text